All-in-one, practical guide to walking the Coast to Coast Path across northern England inspired by Alfred Wainwright, the most popular of the 18 long-distance UK paths.
Fully revised 9th edition of this classic 191-mile walk from the Irish Sea to the North Sea. Crossing three national parks - the Lake District, the Yorkshire Dales, and the North York Moors - it samples the very best of the English countryside - rugged mountains and lakes, gentle dales and stone-built villages; wild moorland; sea cliffs and fishing villages.
The guide includes:
* 109 large-scale walking maps - at just under 1:20,000 - showing route times, places to stay, places to eat, points of interest, and 9 town plans.
* 14 colour stage maps to help plan your walk, including hills and descents.
* Places to stay with reviews - campsites, bunkhouses, hostels, B&Bs, pubs and hotels.
* Places to eat with reviews - cafes, teashops, pubs, takeaways, restaurants.
* What to see from the path - history, culture, natural history.
* Comprehensive public transport information - for all access points on the path.
* Flora and fauna - four page full colour flower guide, plus an illustrated section on local wildlife.
* Itineraries for all walkers - whether walking the route in its entirety over two weeks or sampling the highlights on day walks and short breaks.
* Green hiking - understanding the local environment and minimizing our impact on it.
* GPS waypoints - also downloadable from the Trailblazer website page.
Dieser Titel wird für Sie besorgt. Lieferfrist ca. 2-3 Wochen.